United Way's 2-1-1
IN THE NEWS
United Way of Inner Wisconsin Partners with enTouch Wireless to Provide Free Cell Phones
- United Way of Inner Wisconsin is proud to connect community members with enTouch Wireless, which provides free cell phones to individuals who qualify for other governmental programs, such as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), the National School Lunch Program, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Medicaid, etc.
- enTouch Wireless provides a free cell phone and up to 250 free minutes per month for one year. The service is made possible by a state and federal government assistance program called Lifeline that provides discounts on monthly telephone service for eligible low-income individuals. It is important because everyone needs the opportunity and security of a telephone that helps them connect to jobs, family and 9-1-1 services. More...
Stuff the School Bus of South Wood County Announces Details for 2014
- Stuff the School Bus will be held on August 7, 2014 during Lunch by the River at Veteran’s Memorial Park, 11:30am – 1:00pm. There will be two buses parked during Lunch by the River and we’ll be “stuffing” it with donations of school supplies!
- We are looking for businesses, churches, service organizations and clubs who are interested in being official drop off locations from July14 – August 7, 2014. Organizations who are official drop off locations will be listed on our web page here and can also download materials such as signs and fliers. You can also “like” our Facebook Page. More...
Stuff the Bus in Adams County Announces Dates
- The Sixth Annual “Stuff the Bus” in Adams County will be held on August 15, 2014. A school bus donated by Kobussen Buses, Ltd. will drive to local organizations that are holding school supply drives, where volunteers will actually “stuff the bus” with donations.
- On August 19, backpacks filled with school supplies will be distributed to local Adams County children in need. All children who live in Adams County, whose families are in need of financial assistance, qualify for the program. To receive an application, please stop into the Adams County Health and Human Services office between July 28 - August 15, 2014. More...