United Way's 2-1-1
IN THE NEWS
2-1-1 Update, Spring 2015
- By Amy Fluno, 2-1-1 Program Director.
- School may be over for the summer but the Stuff the Bus/Desk committee has been busy planning for the fall.
- Once again we will be hosting the Stuff the School Bus event on Thursday, August 6th during Lunch By The River at Veterans Park in Wisconsin Rapids. We are asking the community for school supply donations so all of our local students can start the brand new school year off right! Our registration process has changed this year in an effort to make things go faster and smoother at our Stuff the Desk event on Saturday, August 16th. Pre-registration is required this year with forms available on the United Way website (www.uwiw.org), at our office (351 Oak Street), at the Wisconsin Rapids School District Office, and at the Boys and Girls Club (all locations).
- Please help support this great community event by donating either school supplies or by making a monetary donation. We are also in need of adult volunteers for this event! Call 2-1-1 for details!
- The Stuff the School Bus committee for south Wood County is excited to announce changes to its annual school supply distribution event for 2015. This year, families who wish to participate will be required to pre-register, which will significantly reduce the amount of time standing in line. In the past, participants waited in line, sometimes for up to two hours. More...
- Click here to download the Stuff the School Bus 2015 Application Form
United Way of Inner Wisconsin Distributes 2015 Help Guides
- Click here to download the Help Guide for South Wood County 2015
- Thanks to a Bridge Grant from Incourage Community Foundation, United Way of Inner Wisconsin was able to distribute over 10,000 Help Guides in the community in March and April. This is the seventh year United Way of Inner Wisconsin has partnered with Incourage Community Foundation on Help Guides. More...