United Way's 2-1-1
IN THE NEWS
Celebrate 2-1-1 on February 11th
- Across the nation, communities are celebrating 2-1-1 on February 11th. In Wisconsin Rapids, Mayor Zack Vruwink has officially proclaimed today “2-1-1 Day” in Wisconsin Rapids.
- United Way’s 2-1-1 is an information and referral program that maintains a database of community resources and connects callers with questions to the proper services or organizations to meet their information needs. This service is free, confidential and available 24/7. More...
2-1-1 Update, Winter 2015
- By Amy Fluno, 2-1-1 Program Director
- 2014 was another busy year for United Way’s 2-1-1. We handled 4,769 calls. This is slightly down from the past year but the calls are becoming more involved than in the past. Callers are in need of more help than ever before. More...
United Way of Inner Wisconsin Partners with enTouch Wireless to Provide Free Cell Phones
- United Way of Inner Wisconsin is proud to connect community members with enTouch Wireless, which provides free cell phones to individuals who qualify for other governmental programs, such as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), the National School Lunch Program, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Medicaid, etc.
- enTouch Wireless provides a free cell phone and up to 250 free minutes per month for one year. The service is made possible by a state and federal government assistance program called Lifeline that provides discounts on monthly telephone service for eligible low-income individuals. It is important because everyone needs the opportunity and security of a telephone that helps them connect to jobs, family and 9-1-1 services. More...