United Way's 2-1-1
IN THE NEWS
United Way of Inner Wisconsin Releases the 2014 Holiday Give and Get Help Guide
- The holidays will soon be upon us! Many people prefer to celebrate and give thanks by helping others, sometimes in lieu of exchanging gifts or dining with family - many people give gifts to the needy and volunteer as a family instead. Others like to make donations at the end of the year for a tax deduction. Whatever the reason, United Way of Inner Wisconsin’s Volunteer Center is here to help you decide how to give back, with the help of its 2014 Holiday Give and Get Help Guide for South Wood and Adams Counties. More...
2-1-1 Update, Fall 2014
- By Amy Fluno, 2-1-1 Program Director
- Bring on the sunshine! Winter was brutal this year and we were busy helping our many callers find assistance to help pay their heating bills. This summer we are still receiving calls from people who are behind on their heating bills due to the harsh winter temperatures we endured in Wisconsin. Our top five needs from the first half of the year show the need for assistance in the area of heating bills. This is one of the areas we receive the most calls for. More...
United Way of Inner Wisconsin Partners with enTouch Wireless to Provide Free Cell Phones
- United Way of Inner Wisconsin is proud to connect community members with enTouch Wireless, which provides free cell phones to individuals who qualify for other governmental programs, such as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), the National School Lunch Program, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Medicaid, etc.
- enTouch Wireless provides a free cell phone and up to 250 free minutes per month for one year. The service is made possible by a state and federal government assistance program called Lifeline that provides discounts on monthly telephone service for eligible low-income individuals. It is important because everyone needs the opportunity and security of a telephone that helps them connect to jobs, family and 9-1-1 services. More...