United Way's 2-1-1
WELCOME TO UNITED WAY'S 2-1-1
In The News
FamilyWize Makes an Impact in South Wood and Adams Counties
- To date, the FamilyWize Prescription Drug Card has saved south Wood and Adams County residents $176,725. South Wood County residents have saved $166,962 and Adams County residents have saved $9,762. In 2012 alone, south Wood County residents saved $68,133 and Adams County residents saved $5,080 for a total of $73,213.
- The FamilyWize Prescription Drug Card is a free card that helps people who do not have prescription drug insurance (or may be underinsured) save up to 30% on their prescription drug costs. More...
Help for Hard Times Guide for South Wood County Available Again
- By Amy Fluno, United Way’s 2-1-1 Program Director
- There are many people in need right here in our own community. That is why we joined with Incourage Community Foundation again this year to bring the Help For Hard Times Guide to our community.
- Our new updated version will be available in April 2013. This helpful guide gives answers to many of the questions people in need are looking for. There are topics ranging from rental/mortgage assistance, local food pantries, clothing, community meal sites and all types of counseling. More...
2-1-1 Identifies Community Top Needs
- By Amy Fluno, United Way 2-1-1 Program Director
- While reviewing the statistics for 2012, I decided to revisit the statistics from 2011 and see how the needs of our callers have changed. The number of calls for Jan-Nov 2012 was almost 5,000 and for the same time in 2011 we had almost 6,400 calls. While the number of calls have gone down slightly the needs have not.
- We have callers asking for help in more areas than just one this year. In 2011, calls for gas money did not even hit the top five needs; this year it is number three. The top need for 2012 was food pantries and in 2011 it was number three.
- These two stats sure say a lot don’t they? Times are changing and money is tight for everyone. People are looking to save money any way that they can and budgets are getting stretched to the limit. United Way’s 2-1-1 can help callers find a local food pantry or other food resources. We can also find resources that are able to stretch those budgets a little more. Hopefully 2013 will bring better times for all, but if not, we will be here to help.
|United Way's 2-1-1 Wisconsin Rapids Call Center has been accredited by AIRS until April, 2014|